Sunday 10 May 2009

ALIAS PAIL


I got to this project when I saw that Hektor Fontanez, the only official member of the band, is also a member of Twi the Humble Feather, previously commented in a post here, and was surprised by the delicacy of his compositions, getting most of his influences from underground Japanese music and even singing in Japanese in some songs and being helped by other people in some occasions. These influences are filtered through a contemporary point of view and different recording techniques or instrumentation, from more traditional pop songs to electro-acoustic landscapes with complex arrangements.
I've been a long day trying to find as much information as possible of this project and it's been hard to find out if he has ever published anything as some records are mentioned in some websites but couldn't discover if they were already published and how you could get them. The thing is that finally I could see he's published two CDRs, As Toys We Made and Bee Sider, and a collaboration EP, 3 Little Stones ( Toy Piano Fanfare with Steve Dacosta ) and the My Pal Foot Foot + Alias Pail split album, that was the result of a pen pal relationship between both bands that end up in a collaboration. After listening to some songs of both bands you can understand why. Everything's only been released on CD unluckily, in the last couple of years. You can check in his LastFM profile to see how to get some of them. I haven't been able to listen to all these records but the songs I've managed to listen to on line are worth the effort of trying to get these releases and wait for more to come, hopefully on vinyl.


Alias Pail - Sun and Rain.mp3



I also recommend to check My Pal Foot Foot, with many releases to date and infinite side projects

My Pal Foot Foot - City of Lights.mp3

0 comments:

Post a Comment