Friday 12 February 2010

LEMONADE - PURE MOODS


Starting to say I was not a fan of the first Lemonade album my approach to this new EP, which has not been released yet but have offered a free mp3 of the main track Lifted, is not the one who has any positive expectations. That said, when I heard the first notes of the song I felt it sounded fresh and interesting. The incorporation of African and Caribbean sounds (although very overused these days) and a much less chaotic use of the rhythm and all the organic sounds work on their favour. The way the establish all the different sounds and rhythm changes is perfect throughout the song and awakens curiosity towards listening to the rest of the songs of the EP where they supposedly play with West Indian and Balearic sounds.
But in my opinion there's still a big turn off on the song: I'm not a big fan of the vocals on the song that sometimes feel misplaced and forced and I particularly hate the lyrics. An instrumental version would be much better.

Lemonade - Lifted.mp3

1 comments:

Fort Lowell Records said...

Hello Seven Noises,

Can you send me your Contact Info to: fortlowell [at] Gmail [dot] com? We are a 7inch Record Label from Tucson AZ [USA], and would like to put you on our mailing list for promos.

Thanks!
James / FLR

Post a Comment