Wednesday 5 May 2010

BEST COAST - FAR AWAY / EVERYONE'S GONE


Yesterday I finally had the opportunity of seeing Best Coast live. It lived up to the expectations (even a good surprise when I saw their support drums was Vivian Girls' Ali). The songs and her voice didn't suffer at all and it was what you could expect after listening to her numerous singles. She's just started the UK tour, most of it sold out, fact that confirms the uprising fame she's got with just some not easy to get singles and not even an album yet on sale.
And the gig itself was not the only good surprise last night as, after the show, I wondered around the merchandising table and saw that her new single, Far Away/ Everyone's Gone, reportedly only available when you buy a set of expensive Escuche headphones, was there on the table for sale for £5.00. I don't even have to say that I jumped into the table and got me a copy as I previously thought I would never get this soon to be her hardest to find item. Anyway, I have to say that the headphones look amazing and are probably worth to get .
The two tracks on the single will not form part of their soon to be first album recorded on the Black Iris studios. It's slightly more Hi-Fi than the stuff she's put out before for other labels and closer to their single for Black Iris. Can't wait to hear the rest.


Best Coast - Far Away.mp3

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Coast is rad- and shit i wish I would of known about the Escuche headphones before I bought my ticks- I would of been better off getting the phones and the free ticket! wtf anyway I am so amped up for FYF-- I keep hearing rumors that Surfer Blood or The Lovely Bad Things are going to be playing at FYF- either one would be so fucking awesome.

Post a Comment